Productivity Accelerated Design by Technology Heuristics Augmented Intelligence (PAD THAI)
Updated: May 30, 2018
Technology is not imperative in all Continuous Improvement efforts, but can radically enhance processes and productivity if crafted properly.
With a correct CI-Tech blend, organizations can build adequate solutions to meet immediate goals at strategic speed.
" So, in line with Gemba, Kaizen, Poka Yoke, Ishikawa, & Shigeo Shingo, I present you with a new Asian-sounding buzzword, PAD THAI (Productivity Accelerated Design by Technology Heuristics Augmented Intelligence."
What is PAD THAI?
It is a method by which a process is improved using a practical technological means not guaranteed to be optimal or perfect, but sufficient for the immediate goals.”
If finding an optimal solution is impossible or impractical, PAD THAI can be used to speed up the process to reach a satisfactory solution.
- PAD THAI uses process methodologies such as:
• Design thinking
• Agile project management
• Rapid applications development
• Common sense
It can also be a temporary shortcut to reach and/or enhance improvement initiatives with the aid of technologies such as:
• Robotics process automation
• Artificial intelligence
• Existing tools in your existing toolbox
Simply put, PAD THAI is - TECHNOLOGY AIDED IMPROVEMENT
- Applying methods such as:
• Rule of thumb, using data-driven analysis
• Educated guess thru augmented intelligence
• Intuitive judgment through cognitive technologies
• Bestimates through prescriptive analytics
• Stereotyping by modeling algorithms
• Complex system profiling
• And again, "Common sense"