A Blockchain-based voting protocol
The Problem E-VOTE is Solving:
Current voting systems are inefficient, cumbersome, time-consuming, and expensive. They waste resources like paper, labor-hours, travel & lodging expenses, etc. The security of the entire process is also vulnerable as it is very manual; using paper & a lot of people in the middle.
How can E-Vote Chain solve this problem?
Using a blockchain-based voting, every citizen or any entity member will have an NFT token that provides a self-sovereign ID for voting. Using this tokenized E-Voting ID, voting will be easier and faster. The Blockchain-based voting transaction can tally the votes faster, securely, immutably, and transparently. It can also help the economy & the environment, as money traditionally spent on elections (typically wasting a lot of paper, water, electricity, and human capital) can be diverted to environmental, sustainability, or decarbonization projects.
What is E-Vote Chain’s proposed solution?
Do a PoC (Proof of Concept) in some Universities in Costa Rica, by partnering with University’s Student Associations & IT departments.
Who will fund it and why?
• The different student bodies in target pilot universities in Costa Rica initially.
Are there restrictions in implementing it?
• Security concerns. The application must be 100 % secured, with no gaps. There’s a reason why this system has not been implemented yet -- that is trust and immutability concerns.
What type of help do you need?
• Security is key to the success of this project. We need blockchain security expert and a blockchain developer to build the app.
What are the success criteria for your project?
• Once E-vote Chain is accepted by the universities, that would be the first successful step.
• Eventually, once the system is used and tested on a larger scale, beyond the university walls, it needs to pass rigid security tests and certifications by 3rd party auditors and white-hat hackers before going mainstream.